DO700 Container Adoption Boot Camp
Supporting the adoption of container technology and container-native applications
The Container Adoption Boot Camp for Administrators (DO700) immerses you in intensive, hands-on management of container-native applications deployed on Red Hat's implementation of Kubernetes, Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform, and how to configure robust clusters that provide high availability (HA) and the ability to run large numbers of applications. As part of enrollment, you will receive one year of Red Hat Learning Subscription Standard, which gives you unlimited access to all of our courses online, plus up to five certification exams and two retakes.
This collection of courses is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.6 and 3.9.
Course content summary
- Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift
- Red Hat OpenShift installation and configuration
- Deploying and troubleshooting containerized applications for OpenShift
- Creating a highly available OpenShift cluster
- Provisioning persistent storage for an OpenShift cluster
- Deploying OpenShift Container Storage
- Controlling access to projects using role-based access control (RBAC)
- Deploying metrics monitoring
- Deploying and configuring log aggregation
Audience for this course
This course is for administrators who want to progress in their journey toward digital leadership within organizations. Making this shift involves developing software in tight iterations so that business value can be realized sooner. This offering enables IT operations staff to support their organization’s adoption of container-native applications, including microservices.
Prerequisites for this trainingBecome a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or demonstrate equivalent experienceTechnology requirementsInternet access is required for this course in order to access the OpenShift shared and dedicated clusters.
Get started with container technology Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by OpenShift Container Platform.
Create containerized services Provision a service using container technology.
Manage containers Manipulate pre-built container images to create and manage containerized services.
Manage container images Manage the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
Create custom container images Design and code a Dockerfile to build a custom container image.
Deploy containerized applications on OpenShift Deploy single container applications on OpenShift Container Platform.
Troubleshoot containerized applications Troubleshoot a containerized application deployed on OpenShift.
Install OpenShift Container Platform Install OpenShift and configure the cluster.
Describe OpenShift networking concepts Explore OpenShift networking concepts.
Execute troubleshooting commands Execute commands that assist in troubleshooting common issues.
Control access to OpenShift resources Control access to OpenShift resources.
Provision persistent storage Provision persistent storage for use by applications.
Manage application deployments Control resources to manage deployed applications.
Install and configure the metrics subsystem Install and configure the metrics gathering subsystem.
Limit resource usage Limit the resources consumed by an application.
Monitor resources with the web console Monitor OpenShift Container Platform resources using data obtained from the web console.
Deploy and manage applications on an OpenShift cluster Deploy applications using various application packaging methods to an OpenShift cluster and manage their resources.
Design containerized applications for OpenShift Select an application containerization method for an application and package it to run on an OpenShift cluster.
Publish enterprise container images Create an enterprise registry and publish container images to it.
Build applications Describe the OpenShift build process, and trigger and manage builds.
Create applications from OpenShift templates Describe the elements of a template and create a multicontainer application template.
Manage application deployments Monitor application health and implement various deployment methods for cloud-native applications.
Design a highly available cluster Design an OpenShift cluster that supports high availability.
Prepare to install a high availability cluster Configure the advanced installer and prepare the cluster environment for HA installation.
Configure OpenShift to use custom certificates Configure an OpenShift cluster to use custom certificates.
Build a highly available cluster Build a highly available OpenShift cluster using the advanced installation method.
Provision persistent storage Describe storage providers, configure a provider, create a storage class, and test the configuration.
Enable log aggregation Enable the log aggregation feature.
Maintain an OpenShift cluster Perform maintenance activities on an OpenShift cluster.
Manage system resources Manage operating system and cluster resources for optimal performance.
Configure security providers and advanced security options Configure security providers and advanced security options.
Configure networking options Configure various networking options.
Impact on the organization
- This bootcamp is intended to provide container-novice administrators with the foundational and advanced skills needed to install, configure, and manage the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform to deploy containerized applications that are highly available, resilient, and scalable. Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform enables rapid application development and deployment, as well as portability of an application across environments. The platform also offers simplified application scaling, administration, and maintenance of adapted or cloud-native applications.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to install, configure, and manage a Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform cluster and deploy applications on it.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Install OpenShift Container Platform to create a simple cluster.
- Configure and manage OpenShift masters and nodes.
- Secure OpenShift with a simple internal authentication mechanism.
- Control access to resources on OpenShift.
- Deploy applications on OpenShift using Source-to-Image (S2I).
- Configure and manage OpenShift pods, services, routes, secrets, and other resources.
- Design and install a highly available cluster.
- Provision persistent storage using dynamic allocation.
- Install the GlusterFS Container Native Storage solution on an OpenShift cluster.
- Enable log aggregation across the cluster.
- Perform diagnostics on the cluster.
- Backup and restore critical data for the cluster.
- Manage OpenShift and operating system resources to keep the cluster running efficiently.
- Configure the LDAP security provider.
- Describe and install the Open vSwitch multitenant software-defined networking provider.
Recommended next exam or courseRed Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration exam (EX280)